Wednesday, January 25, 2012

All in Perspective

3 members of my family have a rough stomach flu all at the same time and I'm considering myself very lucky.  It's all in how I look at it right now.  Some very good friends of ours were involved in a terrible wreck Sunday night and it makes the stomach flu look like a walk in the park.

This is the write up from the paper.

A three-car accident late Sunday killed one person and sent nearly a half-dozen others to the hospital.
The crash happened just before 6 p.m. on K-14 north of XXX in XXXX County.
Investigators say the driver of a pickup lost control on a slush-covered road, skidded across the centerline and collided with another car.
The pickup driver, Michael Mason of Geneseo, was killed.
Six members the XXXXXX family from Lorraine were in the car.
Mark, 36, has relatively minor injuries. Lucy, 37, was taken to Hutchinson Hospital with serious injuries. Courtney, 6, Anna, 10, and Ella, 3, were taken to Wesley Medical Center in critical condition. Carter, 6, was treated and released.
A third vehicle tried to avoid the accident scene, but struck the pickup. It was driven by Chris XXXXX, 59, of Frederick. He and his passenger were not hurt.

Thankfully the whole family is healing up and will all be released from the hospital soon.
I'm so thankful that God had his hands around each of the members of their family and the outcome turned out like it did but I'm sorry for the family of the other man. 
So today while I'm cleaning up sick for the millionth time, I'm reminded of how blessed we are to have our family and remember that the flu is short lived and in 36 hours these 3 will be done, I have already had it and we will only have the youngest 2 to catch it.  My glass is 1/2 full instead of 1/2 empty tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment