Thursday, January 13, 2011

When God Winks at You

During our business Christmas Party this year, I met a new friend that had heard about our adoption process.  She wanted to hear all about it because her daughter was also in the process of adopting.  During our visit she asked if I had ever heard of "God Winks" and while I certainly had felt the power of God in my life I had never heard it called that. I later found out that the next day she drove over 3 hours to buy me the book called "When God Winks at You" by Squire Rushness.  It is a book about how God speaks directly to you through the power of coincidence.  God has given us many of these "winks" thru our process, where we just know he is saying that this is what he wants us to be doing.  One such example came just a couple days ago.  Our adoption case got assigned to a new judge in Russia that our agency had not dealt with much.  We had been told that the last family that went before her on Christmas Eve also had their own business and she drilled them for 4 long hours to make sure they were prepared to add child to their family.  This worried us a little and we were given this families e-mail to correspond about what we could expect.  The judge also requested a huge amount of additional paperwork.  We had 1 week to complete everything and have it to the agency to make our court date.  This would not normally put me in panic mode except there documents that had to be prepared by some of the people we deal with the business. One of these important documents had to be written by our CPA.  It happens to be that our CPA is in TX, and with technology it should not be a problem except that the document had to be apostilled (a seal by the secretary of state in the state it was wrote).  The problem is that TX has a 10 day turn around on apostilling.  How was I going to get an original document from TX appostilled and to OH in 7 days?  I prayed about how on earth we could possible get this done and I happened to notice that the family that had gone before the same judge that I had e-mailed once was from TX.  I e-mailed this family and asked if they happened to know of a way to get this paper apostilled in less than 10 days so we could make our court date.  This perfect stranger said "just overnight it to me and I will go hand deliver it and get it done".  Wow! This person that I had corresponded with in one e-mail was willing to go to a governmental agency and wait in line to get this stamp for our family!  This family was busy preparing to leave for Russia in 2 days to bring their new son home.  Normally I would never send our financial information to a complete stranger but I just knew that this kind stranger was an answer to my prayer.  Short of driving to TX myself in a snowstorm I don't really think our document would have made it in time and we would have missed our court date.  I am very happy to say that I found out today that all our newly assigned documents made it and it looks like we will be clear for court on the 26th. Thank you so much Heather.  You were the answer to my prayer that day.  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this!!!!!! The whole concept of "God Winks" is amazing to us as we have also had so many coincidences throughout our journey!

    It is amazing too for the people we have met along the way. There really are good people out there and the network of adoption families is so powerful and inspiring!

    So glad to hear this all worked out!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete